|Neutrogena Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Mask|
The Neutrogena Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Masks are cloth/sheet mask and are available in a pack with 5 individually packed masks. The mask itself is a thin, slightly stretchy, cotton-like cloth. It comes presoaked in what Neutrogena calls the "essence." I suppose its some kind of a brightening serum. To use, open the mask and place on face for 15 minutes. No instructions on what to do after taking off the mask, so I just massage the serum/lotion into my skin.
|Neutrogena Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Mask|
Neutrogena Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Mask
|Neutrogena Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Mask - Directions - How to Use|
If you have an important function like "If you are getting married," said the helpful SA at Spar, "Use 1 mask a day for 5 days continuously." "No, I am not getting married," I told her firmly. "Well in that case, 1 mask per week will do," she said! Since I already have a husband and amn't looking for another one I guess I can take my time about getting lighter :P
Of course, now I was curious, and I had to try out both ways, so I tried the mask-a-day-routine with 2 masks. That was enough of an experiment for me, though, and the remaining masks I have kept aside to use another time. I think the SA was right in her 1 mask a week suggestion, that would be enough for the average non-marrying person (or one who already got herself a hubby) :P :P Seriously though, I amn't sure about the skin reaction to using this continuously for 5 days - am never going to try it!
Review Results: IT WORKS. I found my skin lighter...not LIGHT light..but I could see the difference immediately after the first use. It's a very subtle lightening - more like a glow. I have used 2 masks now - one on Sunday and one today, on Tuesday, and I can see a definite lightening in my skin colour with these two uses. I am not very sure about how effective it is with the acne scars. The ones I have are pretty obvious and I am not really expecting them to disappear any time soon.
Apart from the fact, that it does what it claims to do
1. The masks come generously soaked in the lotion/essence - just check the photos. I have read reviews on the net where people leave it on for 30 minutes and more. I didn't want to do that so left it on for exactly 15 minutes as recommended and just used the mask on my neck, hands after I was done with my face.
2. Individually packed masks, so I can use it at whatever frequency I wish to. Great for carrying while traveling. Also great if you are like me and share with friends - easy to split up the pack and the cost :-)
3. Cost: Rs 400 - 5 masks. I won't be using this on a regular basis, am sharing it with my friend, so on the whole it works out pretty reasonable for me.
4. It didn't cause any break-outs/rashes, sensitivity. In fact, it made my face dry. I got a very slight burning kind of sensation in my upper lip and cheek area, but it was so mild I might not even have noticed it if my hubby hadn't scared me about getting rashes.
1. My skin type is oily-combination. It definitely dried out my face. No obvious dry patches, but I felt like I washed my face and forgot to moisturize. So, it might be a little too irritating for the dry skinned people. Or perhaps, I should have used a light moisturizer afterwards - I don't know.
2. I don't know how this mask works. I have posted the ingredients, so if anyone knows please do let me know. I read it reduces melanin production, but how does it lighten visibly in about 3-4 days? Maybe it just cleans up the face and takes off old cells?? At any rate, I won't use this if I am going out in the sun pretty often after that.
|Neutrogena Fine Fairness Deep Whitening Face Mask - Ingredients|
Pack says: For the best fairness results, use in conjunction with Neutrogena Fine Fairness Cleanser, Toner, Serum, and UV block. Anyone tried any of these?
3. Odd thing to put at the end of a fairness mask post, but I am not very keen on fairness products. This is the first time I have actually bought anything in any fairness range. Sunscreen, umbrella, and be happy with my skin colour just the way it is - that's my rule. The reason I decided to try this is I was so fed up hearing it from just about everyone how tanned I had gotten, and if tanning isn't bad enough, the tan seems so irregular!! I won't be using this on a regular basis simply I am more worried about the wisdom of blocking melanin production in horribly hot summers with bright sunlight everywhere. If I was staying indoors a lot, I would agree its nice to see a lighter me once in a while, though :P