Lush products are all about variety. Some work while some are spectacular failures (for me at least) and some are nothing short of miracles. Lush Angels on Bare Skin (AOBS) is a quiet, unassuming product, which makes no tall claims..an all round cleanser and exfoliator is what Lush says of it.
|Lush Angels on Bare Skin|
What it is: Lush Angels on Bare Skin facial cleanser is a cleanser with a bit of an exfoliation - uses almond bits to scrub and clean, kaolin to cleanse, and rose and lavender to balance the skin and leave it moisturised. It has a pleasant smell, of roses and maybe lavender, but the smell is faint so it shouldn't bother a sensitive nose. The almond granules are a bit large-sized. There are some brownish bits scattered throughout the product, and I assume these are dried lavender bits.
|Lush Angels on Bare Skin|
Meant for: Perfectly normal skin and dry skin. So why did I buy it considering I have oily-combination skin?? Curiousity. It's got me some dumb stuff from Lush, but this time I am not complaining.
How to use Angels on Bare Skin Cleanser: Used alone, the exfoliation quotient isn't anything worth writing about. At best, it's a very gentle scrub ideal for ultra-sensitive skin. I take a small amount in my palm (maybe like a big chickpea sized amount), add a bit of water to make it a runny paste like in the pic below. Rub it all over my face - wet, not dry. I leave this one for maybe a minute. I do not scrub my face if I am using this alone - just spread it over my face, that's it. Wash off and pat dry. Then I admire my face in the mirror and tell myself I am looking pretty, its just not very obvious :P
|Lush Angels on Bare Skin - Mixed with water to use|
Leaves skin moisturized. Normal/dry skin girls will love it. I don't feel like my skin gets outright oily, but its a fine line. I use it this way very rarely...or in the winters when my skin pretends to be normal-dry.
What I actually use it for is as my scrub - mixed with Lush Ocean Salt. This is not my original idea, picked it up from a video I had seen some time back (would love to link it but cannot find it right now). I mix a bit of AOBS and a bit of Ocean Salt like so -
|I love mixing Angels on Bare Skin with my not-so-loved Ocean Salt (also by Lush) to custom-make my very own awesome scrub.|
- and use it as THE BEST SCRUB EVER!! If you have read my earlier post on Lush Ocean Salt, you would know I find it too scratchy..it leaves my face clean but I am scared to scrub! AOBS on the other hand is this mild almost-creamy scrub which is wayyy too mild. Mix the two and you get the best of both worlds - the almond bits and the salt grains somehow provide this soft yet effective exfoliation, the lime in the Ocean Salt ensures that my skin doesn't get too oily, and the AOBS ensures that I don't have any sensitivity/burning. If I was Goldilocks on a scrub search, this would be my pick :-)
Cost: 100 g/Rs. 585 ($26.95/8.8 oz. and $10.95/3.5 oz.)
So here's my take on this - I would NOT recommend it to oily-skin girls. I have combination skin, and it works for me (in its scrub avatar), so really am a bit confused myself! Perhaps at 32, my skin deep down is getting older..
- Normal/dry skinned girls - pick this up, hug it, and never let go..its perfect for you :-)
- Combination skin girls - In Bangalore, you can give this a try. More humid places (eg. Chennai), I don't think this would be a wise product to buy. As I said, its okay in winters, and I have hard water at my place which does tend to dry my skin.
- Don't know how this would work as a cleanser on its own. I wash with my regular face wash and then use this to give my face a bit of a moisture boost.
- Superb as a scrub when mixed with Ocean Salt. Would be a pricey scrub though - Ocean Salt Rs. 860/120g + Rs. 585/100g = Rs 1445 - 220 g of a scrub. For a Lush scrub that's normal though!! It lasts ages used this way, and if you happen to have these products with you, try it out :-)
- Lush India sells a minimum quantity of 100 g. Even if you use this daily, this is going to last you a long time. My suggestion: Share with a friend or store in the fridge. I keep the main container in the fridge and keep a small container with maybe about 4-5 times use product in the bathroom. The SA at Lush told me it would last about 3 months, but mine is older than that and not spoilt.
Ingredients: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), Lavender Flowers (Lavandula angustifolia), *Limonene, *Linalool