Lush Godiva shampoo bar - shampoo and conditioner solid bar for healthy shiny hair.The Godiva solid shampoo has a charming tale to go with the name (I have posted this before, so skip if you have read the story before):
According to the popular story, Lady Godiva took pity on the people of Coventry, who were suffering grievously under her husband's oppressive taxation. Lady Godiva appealed again and again to her husband, who obstinately refused to remit the tolls. At last, weary of her entreaties, he said he would grant her request if she would strip naked and ride through the streets of the town. Lady Godiva took him at his word and, after issuing a proclamation that all persons should stay indoors and shut their windows, she rode through the town, clothed only in her long hair. Only one person in the town, a tailor ever afterwards known as Peeping Tom, disobeyed her proclamation in one of the most famous instances of voyeurism. In the story, Tom bores a hole in his shutters so that he might see Godiva pass, and is struck blind. In the end, Godiva's husband keeps his word and abolishes the onerous taxes. - Wikipedia :-)
How to Use Lush Godiva ShampooWet your hair. Wet the shampoo bar. Rub the shampoo bar on hair - it lathers superbly and very fast. Wash off to squeaky clean hair. So I love it right? Nope....I HATE IT.
Why the Lush Godiva solid shampoo bar does not work for my hair:
- Lush Godiva shampoo claims to be a 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner kind of shampoo bar, but it had the complete opposite effect on my hair. It leaves hair squeaky clean, yes, but also very dry. My already dry hair discovered new levels of dryness. I have to use a conditioner following this, but even with the conditioner, my hair was drier than it usually is.
- The shampoo has many transparent bits in the bar - these are what give the conditioning effect, apparently. In my opinion, the conditining is either insufficient or nonexistent. No extra shine and definitely no softness. In fact, I thought it looked duller.
- The dried flower bits in the bar - dried jasmine flowers I think - they don't look that cute when they are soggy and lying here and there on the bathroom floor.
- It has a very strong smell - exactly like a real jasmine flower. Now this particular point is not something that makes a difference to me, but it would give a major headache to many people. Sniff at the store before you buy.
- Gets used up pretty fast - quite contrary to my experience with another Lush solid shampoo - and the SAs at Lush claim this would last 40 washes. Maybe on someone with teeny tiny hair, but with my shoulder length not very thick hair, it was reducing at a very fast rate. I wouldn't know how long this would last because I have stopped using it.
Anything good about Lush Godiva Shampoo?Not that I am aware of, but its a solid shampoo, so very travel friendly and in case this works for you, it would be great. No spilllage and would meet most airport security standards.
Cost: Rs. 650 - 35 g (I think).
Lush Godiva Shampoo Ingredients:
Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Cocoa Butter (Theobroma cacao), Cetearyl Alcohol & Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Glyceryl Stearate & PEG-100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Perfume, Hibiscus Extract (Hibiscus sabdariffa), Stearic Acid, Shea Butter (Butyrospermum parkii), Cetearyl Alcohol, Camellia Oil (Camellia japonica), Organic Jojoba Oil (Simmondsia chinensis), Organic Macadamia Nut Oil (Macadamia ternifolia), Extra Virgin Coconut Oil (Cocos nucifera), Cupuacu Butter (Theobroma grandiflorum), Jasmine Absolute (Jasminum grandiflorum), Ylang Ylang Oil (Cananga odorata), Cypress Oil (Cupressus sempervirens), Palmarosa Oil (Cymbopogon martinii), Jasmine Flowers (Jasminum officinale), Cetrimonium Bromide, Cocamide DEA, Gardenia Extract (Gardenia jasminoides), *Benzyl Alcohol, *Geraniol, *Limonene, *Linalool *Occurs naturally in essential oils
I Love Juicy Shampoo
Lush Solid Conditioner - Jungle
Garnier Fructis Pure Clean Fortifying Shampoo
Burt's Bees Super Shiny Grapefruit and Sugar Beet Shampoo and Conditioner
The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Polynesia Monoi Miracle Oil
The Body Shop Rainforest Moisture Hair Butter