- Almonds are a rich source of vitamin E and monounsaturated fatty acids - the best skincare benefits would be with just eating almonds every day - a healthy skin.
- Almond oil - an unscented oil, it's a rich source of vitamin E, an excellent moisturizer suitable for all skin types (supposedly), good for dry/irritated skins.
- Almond oil does not get absorbed very quickly so is used as a massage oil - the oil stays longer on the skin and helps in the massage without having to reapply often.
- The best almond oils are the cold-pressed variety. Heat during extraction process reduces the nutrition content in the oil.
- Almond milk - Crushed almonds and water yields almond milk, a combination of water and almond oil. Good for treating inflammation.
- Ground almonds with milk/water/rose water make a mild scrub - perfect for skins that might be sensitive to more abrasive scrubs.
- People who are allergic to nuts might have a reaction to skincare products that use almond/almond oil/almond milk.
The Body Shop Mango Body Butter - Rs. 745.As with most TBS body butters, the Mango Body Butter is greasy, which is good for me because I have very dry skin. Has a mango-like smell, my mom didn't seem to find it too nice, but the smell goes off after a bit, and it really doesn't bother me much.
The Body Shop Spa Wisdom Polynesia Monoi Miracle Oil - Rs. 895/150 mL
Lush - Celestial moisturizer - Rs 1210/45 gis meant for sensitive/easily irritated skins. I found this a little too heavy for my oily-combination skin face. I feel this would be a better moisturizer for those who have dry-normal skin.
I bought this a while back, paid Rs. 745 for this. A pen-type packaging with a brush through which the oil is dispensed. Easy to use/carry - great for the nails. Theoretically, a great product. Either I got a faulty pen or the product is just over-rated because I got hardly anything out of it.
Ingredients: Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis (Sweet Almond) Oil, Lanolin, Glycine Soja (Soybean) Oil, Olea Europaea (Olive) Fruit Oil, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Beeswax, C10-30 Cholesterol/Lanosterol Esters, Silica Silylate, Cocoyl Hydrolyzed Oat Protein, Tocopheryl Acetate, Fragrance, Hydrolyzed Vegetable Protein, Carthamus Tinctorius (Safflower) Oil, Hexyl Cinnamal, Horsetail (Equisetum Hiemale) Extract, Panthenol, Retinyl Palmitate, Tetrahexyldecyl Ascorbate, 3-Hydroxybenzoic Acid, Linalool, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Limonene, Coumarin.
Lush Angels on Bare Skin cleanser - Rs. 585/100 g.
Lush Angels on Bare Skin is a cleanser recommended for sensitive and dry-normal skin types. It has almonds in it to provide scrubbing power and soothing rose extracts. I love using this as a scrub, especially during the winters. The amonds nourish my skin and provide a bit of a moisture boost that I need during the winters.
Lush Angels on Bare Skin Ingredients: Ground Almonds (Prunus dulcis), Glycerine, Kaolin, Water (Aqua), Lavender Oil (Lavandula angustifolia), Rose Absolute (Rosa damascena), Chamomile Blue Oil (Matricaria chamomilla), Tagetes Oil (Tagetes minuta), Benzoin Resinoid (Styrax tonkinensis pierre), Lavender Flowers (Lavandula angustifolia), *Limonene, *Linalool
Have you tried almond/almond oil for your skin care?
A bit unrelated, the address for the Lush store in Chennai:
Lush@S-105, 1st Floor
Express Avenue Mall
49-50 L, Whites Road