TBS Eyeshadow Blender Brush (available here) - $18
An elegant, high-quality makeup brush that provides even blending of eye shadows, particularly in the crease of the eyes. Use it to blend one or more shades of eye colour over the eyelid, along the crease line, or below the brow line, using long, sweeping strokes and repeat until you achieve the look your desire.
The Body Shop Eyeshadow Blender brush is a fluffy, domed brush that is ideal for blending shadows and for the crease area. The soft, synthetic fibers are densely packed and give firmness and volume to the brush head. Recommended usage, according to TBS:
- Use to apply eyeshadow over the eyelid, along the crease line, and below the brow line. (Tips to find the crease: Find the natural crease of your eye when it is open and then follow the line when your eye is closed.)
- To protect your brush, cleanse it regularly using a mild shampoo/face wash. Rinse until water runs clear and stand to dry naturally overnight.
The brush head is a slightly flattened dome and while quite sufficient for the amount of eye makeup I do (about a beginner's level), for a more detailed or precise work you might want a slightly more rounded/smaller head. This is primarily a blending brush, but this works as a quick multipurpose eyeshadow brush that you can get away with using for everything - applying shadows, blending them, and finishing off with a highlighter for the brow bone. And, it works just as well with applying cream products too.
What I Love About the TBS Eyeshadow Blender Brush
- Cruelty-free brushes made with synthetic fibers - both natural and synthetic fibers have their own advantages and disadvantages, but if you are purely looking for an alternative to natural-fiber brushes, these are a good buy.
- Quality - I have owned TBS brushes for about 2-3 years now. Never had any hair shedding from this, and no change in shape or texture of the brush either. I use a regular shampoo to wash this and occasionally just do a quick-clean with the MAC brush cleanser.
- Relatively inexpensive - I say "relatively" because, of course, there are less expensive options in brushes, but I do think TBS brushes are the among the better (quality-wise) options if you are looking for something less expensive than a MAC without compromising on quality. Especially if you pick one up during one of TBS' many sales :D
The Body Shop Travel/Mini Brush Kit Review
Ecotools 6-piece Eye Brushes Set
Ecotools Recycled Retractable Kabuki Brush
MAC 187 Brush