Veet Easywax Electrical Roll-On - $29.99. Refills - 12.99
I had gone to Shopper's Drug Mart yesterday and bought myself Veet's new electric wax roll on kit. I had seen some ads and was curious and guess what I loved it! I usually end up buying the cream cz well waxing at home is so cumbersome usually - but found this to be quite easy and far less messy! Atleast comparatively. Of course, nothing is as easy as someone else doing it for you - but still!
In case you were wondering what's that about - that's the mail my darling (er..NOT) sister sent me, was waiting for me when I checked my mail in the morning. She rarely ever mails me, and she calls me whenever she is out shopping or having lunch, so I was not very surprised this was one of her "fabulous discoveries" which, of course, as luck would have it, I cannot seem to find in the US. Put that into the million-long list of why I should be staying in Canada :| Ms. Shiny-Legs-and-Summer-Dresses doesn't have time to review the product that is "new even in moi Canada," so she sends these pictures across.
From all her mails, here's what I figured: The contraption consists of a heating station/dock/electrical warmer that you connect to some handy socket on the wall after you insert the wax cartridge into the contraption :P A red light turns on, you wait 20 minutes for the wax to heat up, and it's ready to use. I have seen something similar in Bangalore at the place I used to go to get the waxing done (YLG - anybody remember the hype about the fancy waxing technique they used..well, this is the same thing!). So, based on that experience, I would say this would be awesome - except I don't know where to buy this in the US :|
How to Use the Veet Easywax Electrical Roll-On (from the website)
Directions for using the device:
- Check here for a full list of precautions before using the product/device.
- Insert the Veet wax refill into the device. Plug the electrical cable into the device and in the socket. The red light turns on to confirm the device is heating. Place the plugged device on its base and leave it connected for 20min. After 20min the wax is ready for application. Even if I use it all my life, I would still check the temperature of the wax on perhaps the back of my hand just to ensure it isn't too hot..though my sister says the wax just stays the right temperature.
- Start to apply the wax to a small area first, to check that the wax applies easily. If the wax does not easily roll onto the skin, let the device warm the wax for at least an additional 5min. The wax is ready when it glides out of the roller easily and applies evenly to the skin.
- Do not allow the wax to come into contact with water as it would become ineffective.
- After use, unplug the device. The refill will be hot – Allow it to cool down before removing the refill from the device.
|I have only used this for my hands and legs so can only vouch for the effectiveness/pain levels there :P|
Instructions for easier waxing/painless (relatively) hair removal:
- Apply the wax in the direction of hair growth (from knee to ankle for legs). Check that the slanted side of the roller head is in contact with the skin during application to allow the roller to glide over the skin.
- Immediately place the strip over the layer of wax, ensuring that there is at least 1cm at the bottom which is wax free. Rub the strip repeatedly over the wax in the direction of hair growth.
- Hold your skin taut to avoid discomfort. Holding the bottom of the strip, very quickly and in one swift motion, pull the strip back on itself against the direction your hair grows (from ankle to knee for legs) keeping the strip as close to the skin as possible. The FASTER you remove the strip the more effective it will be.
Some Final Words of Wisdom on the Veet EasyWax Electrical Roll-On:
The only glitch is that the wax refill itself lasts about a full hand and maybe 3/4th of my leg (Which i guess is pretty good by most standards! :P) They claim it should last for 4 half legs. Anyway..here is the site if u r interested/ curious!
My kajal was gettng over, so I bought the kohl eyeliner from Gosh- will use and tell you how it is :P
Yes, thank you very much, dear sister. I really need to know about the Gosh kohl liner now :|