Ever since I bought the NARS Ride Up to the Moon eyeshadow palette, the bronze-brown eyeshadow Fez has been one of my most used colors. I love pairing it with dark green along the lashline, either with NARS Night Porter (also part of the palette) or smudging a pencil liner like the Urban Decay Loaded along my lashline. Keep the green subtle for a daytime look or go darker for the evenings. Here's how you can get this easy wear-any-time-of-the-day look in a few easy steps.
Products needed for the eyes:
Eyeshadow primer (Smashbox Photofinish Lid Primer)
Bronze-brown eyeshadow (NARS Fez)
Dark green eyeliner - pencil or gel liner (UD Loaded)
Black mascara (Maybelline Megaplush)
Brow definer (Em Arched Defining Brow Liner pencil in Black)
On to the eye makeup, start with a primer applied all over the eyelid and beyond the crease. This will help the shadow stay on longer and also help the color show up better. I also defined my brows before starting my eye makeup - you can do it at any stage.
1. Apply a thick line of the dark green eyeliner - Urban Decay Loaded - along the lash line. Work the liner into the roots of the lashes to avoid skin showing through once the shadow is on.
2. Use a buffing/blending brush or your fingers to smudge the eyeliner and blend it upwards over the eyelid towards the socket line. Keep the color darkest near the lashes and outer corner of the eye.
3. Using a flat eyeshadow brush, apply the bronze-brown eyeshadow - NARS Fez - keeping the color along the lash line and eyelid but stopping short of the crease. Blend along the edges to soften any harsh line.
4. Apply the dark green eyeliner in a thin line only along the outer third of the upper lash line - keep the line thicker towards the outer edge and thin as it goes in - and along the lower waterline. Also apply the color along the outer third of the lower lashline.
5. Use a small blending brush to soften the liner along the upper lash line. Use the bronze eyeshadow on a small blending brush to soften and smudge along the lower lash line.
6. Soften any harsh lines and edges using a clean blending brush and/or Q-tips. Curl lashes and apply mascara to finish the eye makeup.
Once the eye makeup is done, clean up any fall out using cotton and some eye makeup remover. Finish the makeup for the rest of the face. Here's what I used.
|Makeup brushes used: It Cosmetics Cheek brush to powder and for the blush|
Chanel #13 ultra-fine eyeliner brush for pinpoint concealing (yes, I learned from Lisa Eldridge)
Ecotools concealer/lip brush to apply undereye concealer/corrector
On my face, I used a mix of Chanel Perfection Lumiere foundation in BA34 and NARS Tinted Moisturizer in St. Moritz. For my undereye area, I have used Bobbi Brown Corrector in Dark Peach only along the inner corner of the eye to take down the darkness followed by a mix of NARS concealers (Biscuit and Caramel). I used the same concealers and a thin eyeliner brush to conceal blemishes. Set everything with Rimmel Stay Matte Pressed Powder (Translucent). For my cheeks I have used Chanel Brume d'Or and Illamasqua Ambition. For my lips, I used L'Oreal Color Riche lipstick in Nature's Blush applied softly with my finger and defined using No. 7 lipliner in Nude. Also added a touch of Chanel lipgloss Freeze.
So, that was my makeup look for the day/week. What have you been trying out makeup-wise...or otherwise...this week? Do share!