|Easy Daytime Makeup Look using neutral bronze-brown for the eyes and soft pink on the lips|
My makeup doesn't really change drastically with the seasons. I stick to neutral/brown eyeshadows and softer lip colors, and the only change I would make for spring is perhaps go easy on the black liner :P What's new in my makeup routine is my search for a new foundation. I have been trying out the new NARS All Day Luminous Foundation, and so far it's been a struggle. Syracuse seems dark and Barcelona a bit light. What's consistent is both the shades make my skin look superdry. I should probably just give it up as a lost cause, but my skin is going through a really bad time right now, and I amn't sure if it's the foundation making my skin look bad or if it's my skin making everything I put on look awful :( Anywho, enough of my rant and on to my makeup look for the day, which incidentally involves NARS eyeshadows - bronze and peach duo Key Largo and matte deep brown Coconut Grove. Scroll on for more photos and an easy how-to.
|Products Used: Urban Decay Primer Potion |
NARS Key Largo and Coconut Grove eyeshadows
L'Oreal Brown Eyeliner
Maybelline Megaplush Mascara
|Easy makeup tutorial steps - bronze brown neutral eyes - soft pink lips - spring daytime look|
1, Start with primed eyelids. I have used Urban Decay Primer Potion. This helps the shadows stay on longer and the colors show up better.
2. Apply a lighter colored matte eyeshadow all over the lids, from lashline to below the brows. I have used the matte peach shade in NARS Key Largo for this. It's definitely not close to my skin tone, but I just need some kind of a base all over my lids and it works as a soft matte brow bone highlighter. Using a base shadow all over the lid first makes it easier to blend all the other shadows.
3. Apply a bronze eyeshadow all over the lid, stopping just short of the crease. Use a blending brush to blend along the crease.
4. Apply a dark brown shadow along outer half of lashline, uppper and lower, extending the line out just a bit outwards and upwards.
5. Use a blending brush to softly buff this line, leaving only a haze of the dark brown color along the lashline. For the portion of the shadow that extends beyond the corner of the eye, blend inwards onto the eyelid and along the crease.
6. Blend bronze eyeshadow along lower lashline. Tightline along the upper lashline using a dark brown eyeliner (apply the liner along the roots of the lashes to get definition along the lashline without an actual line) as well as line the lower waterline. Curl lashes and finish with a dark black mascara.
For the rest of my makeup, I used NARS All Day Luminous Foundation in Syracuse mixed with NARS St. Moritz tinted moisturizer to get a more natural-appearing coverage that's closer to my skin tone. Lip colour is Chanel Secrete topped with Chanel Rouge Allure gloss Caprice.