|Irresistible Me Diamond Professional Hair Styling Iron ($149) at irresistibleme.com|
Product provided for review by Irresistible Me
My hair has always been a bit of an issue for me. I have wavy hair that looks quite dry and is very prone to getting all frizzy and voluminous (not in a good way). For the most part, I let it do its thing - use moisturizing shampoos, never skip the conditioner, and indulge in hair spas and masks whenever I get the time - and I don't bother with heat treating or styling it in any way. I have gone to work with barely combed through air-dried hair, so really, I am all for embracing natural hair, curls and waves and all. When I have a bit of time, though, or if I want a change from the "natural" look, I like to give my hair a sleek, polished look, and nothing does it better than a flat iron. I received the Irresistible Me Diamond Professional Hair Styler courtesy of the brand, and this is what I have been using of late. Scroll on for a quick photo-heavy review.
|The flat iron comes packaged in a sturdy, black cardobard box with a magnetic-closure flap-type lid. The box is handy for storing the flat iron in (once the iron has cooled down to touch).|
|What's in the box: Irresistible Me Diamond Professional flat iron and a small instruction booklet/safety manual. Please make sure you read through all the information carefully before using the iron.|
|The inside of the box (on the flap) also contains some information on the iron - like a handy cheat sheet.|
As for my experience with using the Irresistible Me Diamond Professional Hair Straightener: This hair straightener is supposedly designed similar to higher-end salon-quality models, and the only hair straighteners I have used are a Conair flat iron and a CHI Air from Target. My review, therefore, is limited as far as comparisons with other brands would go. That said, the iron does a good job of straightening my hair, leaving it quite smooth to touch and shiny. I have moderately wavy hair that is somewhat thick, and I use the iron at around 370 degrees - takes me about 20 minutes to go from air-dried to sleek straight. I have added in photos of my hair - washed and dried - and after straightening for comparisons.
|My hair after straightening it using the Irresistible Me Diamond flat iron. Only product used is KMS Free Shape Hot Flex Creme for heat protection.|
- The iron heats up remarkably fast with almost no waiting time (about 15 seconds). The plates are smooth and glide through hair, straightening my hair in about 2-3 passes (faster if I blow dry my hair first). My hair feels smooth and soft to touch and stays straight through the day. I amn't an expert at heat styling - just an occasional user - and even I had no difficulty at all with using this iron.
- The heat-reistant tips are a nice feature, so I amn't scared of the iron when it's anywhere near my scalp or skin. My hair is quite short, so I get nervous with straightening hair that's at the back of my head (it's not long enough for me to see properly), but because of the heat-resitant tips, I feel much safer holding the hair while I am using the iron. It's also a great feature to have when using this flat iron to curl hair, so you can hold the tip of the iron without any risk to your fingers.
- The 360 degrees swivel cord means I don't end up with the cord in knots and all tied up as I am using it, and the cord itself is quite long - a good thing since my mirror isn't close to the power outlet.
- This is a very light weight iron, so holding it for longer periods doesn't strain my hands, and it's easier to carry around for travel.
- Speaking of travel, a built-in microprocessor in the flat iron automatically determines the type of voltage supplied and allows the iron to adapt to it. The LED temperature display also switches from Fahrenheit to Celsius depending on the supplied voltage. I haven't had a chance to try this feature, though, so will update it after my next trip to India.
- It is NOT recommended to leave the flat iron on unattended - switch off and remove from power outlet immediately after use - but as an added precaution, the Irresistible Me Diamond flat iron has an auto switch-off feature built in that turns the iron off after 30 minutes. Again, I cannot stress enough the importance of not leaving the iron on unattended or depending on the iron to switch off on its own. That is just an added safety feature.
From what I have used so far, I really cannot find any faults with the Irresistible Me Diamond flat iron. My hair has stayed soft to touch and smooth every time I have used this, and I haven't seen any damage on my hair so far. As I mentioned earlier, though, I try to avoid using too much heat on my hair (it's also color treated). I usually blow dry my hair before using a flat iron so I can reduce the amount of heat I have to put my hair through, and I always use a heat protectant before styling my hair. So while I think this flat iron can do a remarkably quick - and good - job of straightening and smoothing hair giving it a sleek polished look, keeping hair damage-free while putting it through frequent heat styling will take a bit of an extra effort in terms of caring for your hair's health.
Bottom-line: Loving the Irresistible Me Diamond Professional Hair Styler.
The Irresistible Me Diamond Professional Straightener is available on irresistibleme.com, and I have seen some pretty good discounts on the website (there is one going on currently). My flat iron was delivered via USPS and was nestled snugly in a huge amount of bubble wrap. I cannot imagine it ever getting damaged in transit!
The Irresistible Me Diamond Professional Hair Styler was provided for review by the brand. Links in the post are for information only and are NOT affiliate links.