|Quick Smokey Eye Using Gel Eyeliner|
|Easy Makeup How-To: Quick Smoky Eye Using Gel Eyeliner|
- Using a fluffy blending brush, pat on black gel eyeliner all over the lid. Use dabbing motions to apply the product over the lid but stop short of the crease.
- Wipe off excess product from the brush on a clean tissue and use the same brush to blend the edges of the liner, extending it slightly outwards from the crease.
- Using the same blending brush, apply a wash of shimmery light brown shadow all over the lid and blended along the crease (I have used MAC Soba). I wanted to tone down the black so picked this color. You can use any color - matte or shimmer.
- Use a smudger brush, apply black eyeliner along the upper lashline. Buff some color along the lower lashline using the same brush but with no extra product on it.
- Using the same smudger brush, pick up some of the brown eyeshadow (that was applied all over lid) and soften the black liner along the upper lashline.
- Apply black liner along waterline. Curl lashes and apply mascara.
Substitute the black base for any other color - use brown if you want a softer smokey eye - or use cream eyeshadows or pencil eyeliners too. And of course, you can also try this makeup look with perfectly good eyeliners that you aren't desperate to use up :P