|Today's Makeup: Neutral with a Pop of Color|
My eye makeup routine is pretty basic most days, but over the past two weeks I have been having issues with my eyes (getting red and irritated by the end of the day) and have been walking around with glasses on and getting my fix of makeup with bright lip colors. Today was the first time I actually tried on some eye makeup, and this soft rose-brown eye makeup uses two of my favorite NARS eyeshadows - Lola Lola and Grenadines - paired with my new favorite bright lip color - MUFE Artist Plexigloss 304. I got this lipgloss as a sampler/GWP from Sephora, and I am obsessed with it! Anywho, here's a look at the products I used and an easy how-to on this summer everyday makeup look.
|Easy Everyday Summer Makeup Tutorial - Soft Rose Brown Neutral Eyes - Steps|
1. Prime eyelids and apply a soft shimmery neutral brown eyeshadow all over the lids. The color I have used is NARS Lola Lola. It's described as a neutral brown, but it has a bit of warmth to it and doesn't turn out ashy on my lids - in fact, it looks slightly rose-gold on my lids. Blend this color to just above the socket line. Using a flat smudger brush, apply the same color along the lower lashline.
2. The next shadow I have used is NARS Grenadines. It's a matte reddish pink color that blends beautifully and somehow doesn't make my eyes look like they are irritated. I don't know a dupe for this color, but if you do please let me know in the comments. Using a small, tapered blending brush, apply this color along the outer corner of the eye.
3. Using a fluffy eyeshadow brush, blend along the outer corner of the eye to soften the color and create a smoother transition on to the main lid color, leaving only a haze of pink along the outer corner of the eye.
4. Blend any harsh edges along the socket line with a clean fluffy eyeshadow brush - use a matte flesh-toned shadow if needed. I used the lighter shade from the NARS Madrague duo, but a matte powder would also do the job.
5. I wanted to change the liner a bit so went with a matte purple eyeliner by Urban Decay - Empire. Apply a thin line along the roots of the upper lashes and a few dots along the outer corner of the lower lashline. Blend the purple liner slightly using a smudger brush. I used a tiny amount of purple eyeshadow while smudging to help keep the liner in place through the day. Also smudge the dots of liner applied along the lower lashline (without any extra shadow on the brush), blending the color into the previously applied soft brown color.
6. Finish with mascara on the upper and lower lashes.
|Everyday Summer Makeup - Neutral Eyes - Bright Lip Color|
For the rest of my face makeup, I used Dior Air Nude Serum Foundation in Honey Beige 40, NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer in Caramel, and YSL Touche Eclat 4.5 (along border of lips for some added definition and undereye area - along outer corner for some highlighting). I set the makeup using Chanel Vitalumiere Powder Foundation applied with a fluffy powder brush and for the blush used NARS Taos (a great pick for darker skin tones, imo).
Here's a look at the products used (face) and swatches of the colors used in this makeup look.
|NARS Taos Blush - MUFE Artist Plexigloss #304|
Links provided in the post are for information only and are NOT affiliate/sponsored links.
MORE MAKEUP TIPS/TUTORIALS HERE.